Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Summer

In honor of Summer and my favorite American satirist, a qoute: "Training is everything. The peach was once a bitter almond; cauliflower is nothing but cabbage with a college education." -- Mark Twain.
I got a Cercis from the woods folks and it is going to make it! My pole beans are climbing the porch and what a great idea that turned out to be. The leaves face out for a full on foliage extravaganza, while the flowers (and, of course, the subsequent beans) are at waist height for easy picking. the heirlooms all worked out, even the eggplant (in pots), and I have fennel umbels as large as my head and at eye level for ease of viewing the orgy of insect activity. It has been cool and wet, prompting one to question the global warming hypothesis, but only if one has a complete lack of understanding of it in the first place. Very few things worthy of note have happened to me personally. Check out Yew Dell if you haven't yet, the link is on the right under suggestions.

No comments: